Saturday, September 6, 2008

And another school year begins...

Let me start by saying the first week of school
is ALWAYS the most difficult one. Suprisingly, even more difficult than the last. The early starts (even though I am naturally a morning person), the routine, getting your BRAIN back in gear...all more difficult than most can imagine....for me AND for the kids. Oh...and it's been unseasonalbly hot and humid as hell--my room is a sauna....with windows that are 10 feet off the ground and unusable. (Supposedly, there is a "stick" to open and closes them...but no one knows WHERE it is.)

And I'm short. I mean REALLY short. I've always KNOWN that, but now I'm smacked in the face with my shortness. Like every MOMENT. No matter where I look...there is tallness. Just a few years ago, they were smaller than me or at least still I was able to look them in the eye without having to fight being blinded from the ceiling lights!

I am utterly and joyfully exhausted as the week has been a whirlwind -- in the best of ways. I cannot begin to explain how different the energy is at a high school vs. a middle school. I am lost and and I am found. (And if THAT doesn't sound overly dramamtic, what does?) But it's true....I'm home. (Couldn't resist another platitude.)

No comments: