Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Tony Nominations

Well, since the real thing gets announced in approximately 36 hours, I thought I ought to go ahead and post.

Below are my PREDICITONS. Note that beyond Best Play and Best Revival, I did not complete the play categories. There are just SO many plays I have seen yet, that I felt like a fish out of Water.


Best Musical
Billy Elliot
Next to Normal
9 to 5
Shrek (?)

Best Revival
Pal Joey
West Side Story
Hair
Guys and Dolls

Best Actor
Gavin Creel (Hair)
The Billys (Billy Elliot)
Brian D’Arcy James (Shrek)
J Robert Spencer (Next to Normal)
Craig Bierko (Guys and Dolls)

Best Actress
Alice Ripley (Next to Normal)
Allison Janney (9 to 5)
Megan Hilty (9 to 5)
Kate Jennings(Guys and Dolls)
Stephanie Block (9 to 5)

Featured Actor
Greg Jbara (Billy Elliot)
Marc Kudisch (9 to 5)
Will Swenson (Hair)
Aaron Tveit (Next to Normal)
Chris Sieber (Shrek)

Featured Actress
Hayden Gwynne (Billy Elliot)
Jenn Damiano (Next to Normal)
Karen Olivo (West Side Story)
Martha Plimpton (Pal Joey)
Heidi Blickenstaff ([title of show])

Director
Daldry (Billy Elliot)
Greif (Next to Normal)
Paulus (Hair)
Mantello (9 to 5)

Choreographer
Darling (Billy Elliot)
Skinner (White Christmas)
Blankenbuehler (9 to 5)
Armitage (Hair)

Costume
Zinn (A Tale of Two Cities)
Robbins (White Christmas)
Hatley (Shrek)
McDonald (Hair)

Set
Walton (A Tale of Two Cities)
McNeil (Billy Elliot)
Hatley (Shrek)
Pask (9 to 5)

BookHall (Billy Elliot)
Yorkey (Next to Normal)
Bell ([Title of Show])
Resnick (9 to 5)

Score
Elton John (Billy Elliot)
Kitt/Yorkey (Next to Normal)
Parton (9 to 5)
Bowen ([title of show])

Best Play
Reasons to be pretty
God of Carnage
Irena’s Vow
33 Variations

Best Revival
Exit the King
Mary Stuart
Norman Conquests
Waiting for Godot

3 comments:

Janine said...

I agree with all your predictions about HAIR. I hope it will win at least 3 or 4 of those awards. West Side Story will definitely be tough competition.

Anonymous said...

Just saying...I don't think Craig Bierko would get a best actor nod if G&D were the only show left one Broadway. He was not very impressive.

Anonymous said...

He was def my wild card. But c'mon: Constantine????

-- Anita