Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Musical Interlude

Thanks to a student, (Henry, my assistant director) I scored tickets to see Adele last week in Boston last Wednesday night. I'd forgotten about it until TUESDAY night.

Anywho...I love listening to Adele's music. Such a great sound, I love her style...so easy going and a rich mellow voice. As a performer, she was delightful, but I have to admit...I could not always hear or understand her through her accent. So her chit chat was rather lost on me, sadly.

While I really enjoyed her, the opening act actaully stole the show for me. Angel Taylor. A similar style as Adele, from California, but I simply found her riveting. Her melodies were playful without being insignificant. Her tone was earthy and feminine. Her lyrics brought a fresh voice and beautiful use of language and imagery to them. A true poet.

She has a cd being released...March 1, I beleive? She had with her 3 song cuts from it and it sounds simply delicious. Cannot wait for the cd. Look for it...you won't be sorry.


Upcoming Music Stops:

In February: The Spring Standards. My favorite NYC band...even though they are totally NOT only a NYC band anymore. LOOOOVE them! Hate the clubs they play. They make me feel old.

In March: DUNCAN SHIEK with Lauren Pritchard. CANNOT wait. I am in awe of the work of Duncan Sheik. I adore Lauren Pritchard's voice. BOTH have CD's coming out as well...Duncan's at the end of the month, Lauren's not until SUMMER she said (postponed since OCTOBER) when we chatted at Sushi. Most exciting...when this was first announced it was scheduled for the western part of the state. THREE HOURS AWAY. That's not a concert...that's a weekender. While visiting Lauren's myspace (music) I happen to check again. Venue changed. Very, VERY happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Ms.Sisk, (this comment probably seems really...creepy haha but I thought I'd check out your blog ^^) annnd I saw that you got to see Adele! Ah! She is fantastic. One of my favorites...But, yes, her accent can be troubling at times.

Anita Levy-Sisk said...

not creepy at all...glad you stopped by!